Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Guisbert & Annetie (VanWinkle) VanEmburgh

Third Generation

Guisbert VanEmburgh , born in New York about 1710 removed to New Barbadoes, in Bergen Co, New Jersey. His first marriage was to Maria Hellakers.

His second marriage took place in Belleville, New Jersey on 25 April 1732 - to Annetie VanWinkle, the daughter of Gideon & Jannetie (Koeymans) VanWinkle.
Their children :
“Births from Register of children who have been baptised at Second River by me Henricus Coens preacher at Aliquignonk, Second River and the north which commences in the month of June of the year 1727”
Gideon: b 24 Nov; bap 14 Dec 1735
Abraham: b 1736/7 New Barbados, NJ ; m. Annetie Roosencrans
Guisbert: b 28 May; bap 17 Jun 1739
Simeon: b 9 Mar; bap 5 Apr 1740; stayed in NJ
Elizabeth: b 15 Jul; bap 16 Aug 1741
*Johannes
: b 8 Oct; bap 4 Nov 1751
Adoniah

From the will of Gysbert VanEmburgh of New Barbadoes, dated 3 May 1760:
wife Ann to remain in the house in which I live at New Barbadoes Neck, and to have the use of lands for 7 years, to maintain my children. Son, Abraham, ½ my land where I live, that is next to Col. John Schuyler. My 3 sons, Gysbert, Simeon & Jacob, the other ½. Executors - my said sons. Witesses, John Schuyler, Abraham Pire, Samuel Brown: Codicil: All my land which I have at Hackensack to be sold, and the money applied for the use of my three children Elizabeth, John & Adoniah.
Proved 26 Jul 1762. Inventory made by Abraham Van Ripe and Garrabrant Garrabrants.