Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Third Time

They say the third time never fails, and that remains to be seen.
I would like to compile an index of individuals, their DAR Chapters & reenacting affiliations. You may specify a private listing of your identity (generally I use just first names on the internet) - or we can introduce you on these pages - your choice.

Over the next few weeks I will be going through my files and contacting those we already know about and invite their participation once again.

Please let me know who you are, where you are, and what you are doing in the reenacting world and in your DAR connections.

My search began over a decade ago when our story was published in the November Issue, 1999: Daughters of the American Revolution Magazine, on page 634 "United In Purpose and Spirit - DAR Reenactors". This four page article was a sampling of the activities and positive results of our unique presentations of history. Input was from all of us, pulling it all together was the work of Sandi Wilson, and I did the final edit and took it to the editor at Congress. We were pleased and proud to be represented on the pages of our magazine. Perhaps it will happen once again in the prize-winning “American Spirit”